The WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards Ceremony is held in conjunction with WITSA's World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) events. The award ceremony is the centerpiece of the WCIT’s evening program.
With the goal of identifying the most outstanding ICT users, the WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards honor organizations that have demonstrated exceptional achievement in using ICT to benefit societies, governments, individuals, organizations and the private sector.
The awards are divided into the following broad categories.
- Public Sector Excellence
- Private Sector Excellence
- Digital Opportunity
- Sustainable Growth
- Mobile Excellence
- Innovative eHealth Solutions
- WITSA Emerging Digital Solutions (WEDS) [LINK]
Nominations for the awards are made by WITSA’s members. The members have autonomy in nominating and selecting the most qualified candidates in their respective countries. Nominees must do or provide the following:
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of the use of ICT;
- Approximate number of people benefiting from the application of ICT;
- Describe the degree of effectiveness of ICT; and
- Evaluate the level of innovation used in implementing ICT application.
For additional information, see: