The WITSA Global ICT Excellence Award Ceremony is held once every two years in conjunction with WCIT. With the goal of identifying the most outstanding ICT users, the awards honor organizations that have demonstrated exceptional achievement in using ICT to benefit societies, governments, organizations and individuals. The awards are divided into three broad categories.
- Public Sector Excellence;
- Private Sector Excellence;
- Mobile Excellence;
- Digital Opportunity; and
- Sustainable Growth.
Nominations for the awards are made by WITSA’s members. The members have autonomy in nominating and selecting the most qualified candidates in their respective countries. Nominees must do or provide the following:
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of the use of ICT;
- Approximate number of people benefiting from the application of ICT;
- Describe the degree of effectiveness of ICT; and
- Evaluate the level of innovation used in implementing ICT application.
For additional information, see: