Fairfax, Virginia: At its General Assembly and Board of Directors meetings on October 2, 2016 the World Information Technology and services Alliance (WITSA) voted on a new slate of leaders for the 2016-18 term.
In a historic move, Ms. Yvonne Chiu, Chairman of the Information Service Industry Association of Taiwan (CISA) was elected WITSA Chairman; the first woman to serve as leader of the global industry group. Outgoing Chairman Santiago Gutierrez had already served the maximum two terms allowed by the organization’s rules. Dr. Raul Colcher, Vice President of the Federation of Brazilian ICT Industry Association (ASSESPRO), was elected Deputy Chairman.
Eng. Tarek A. Monem Taha of the Egyptian Information Technology, Electronics and Software Alliance (EITESAL) was re-elected Treasurer of the organization for the new two-year term.
The Alliance also voted and elected new regional Vice Chairmen for Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and the Caribbean as well as Chairmen for WITSA's key standing committees: The Global Policy Action Committee, Global Trade Committee, Committee on Education, Training and Human Resources, and Finance and Audit Committee.
A total of 25 new Directors were elected by members at the General Assembly.
Ms. Yvonne Chiu had previously served as a WITSA Director and has dedicated her career and passion to the ICT Industry. During her career, Ms. Chiu has been instrumental in establishing a number of IT services associations, including the Taiwan Information Integration Association, Taiwan Personal Data Association and the Taiwan Digital Phoenix Association.
“Taiwan successfully hosted WITSA’s 2000 World Congress on IT and is slated to host the next Congress, WCIT 2017, in Taipei on September 10-14, 2017”, said Ms. Chiu. “In addition, Taiwan has been one of the longest serving members and supporters of WITSA. I wish to continue our wholehearted support by serving in the honorable position of Chairman”. “I am very excited to be granted this opportunity to lead this great organization for the next two years, with a focus on maximizing membership value, and further enhancing WITSA's role and positioning as the global voice of the ICT industry", continued Ms. Chiu.
“On behalf of the WITSA Secretariat, I wish to congratulate the new Chairman and Board of Directors upon their successful election”, said Secretary General Dr. Jim Poisant.
“I look forward to working with the new leadership to take WITSA to the next level”.
A complete list of the newly elected WITSA leadership is provided below:
Ms. Yvonne Chiu, CISA (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
WITSA Deputy Chairman
Dr. Raul Colcher, Vice President of the Federation of Brazilian ICT Industry Association (ASSESPRO) Email: email@example.com
Eng. Tarek A. Monem Taha; Egyptian Information Technology, Electronics and Software Alliance (EITESAL) Email: Tarek@projecta-eg.com
- Vice Chair, Africa: Mr. Waudo Siganga, Computer Society of Kenya (CSK) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair, Middle East and North Africa: Tarek A. Monem Taha; Egyptian Information Technology, Electronics and Software Alliance (EITESAL) Email: Tarek@projecta-eg.com
- Vice Chair, Europe (EU & EEA): Yannis Sirros; Federation of Hellenic Information Technology & Communications Enterprises (SEPE). Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair, Europe (Non EU): Boris Komrakov; The Scientific and Technological Association of Belarus (Infopark). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair, Latin America: Anibal H. Carmona; Cámara de Empresas de Software y Servicios Informáticos (CESSI). Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair, North America: Santiago Gutierrez, CANIETI (Mexico) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair, Asia Pacific: Takashi Igarashi; Japan Information Technology Services Industry Association (JISA). Email: email@example.com
- Vice Chair, Caribbean: John Kyle; Business Technology Division of the Bermuda Chamber of Commerce (BTD). Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Global Policy Action Committee: Mr. R. Chandrashekhar; National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM). Email: email@example.com
- Global Trade Committee: Md. Sabur Khan; Bangladesh Computer Samity (BCS). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance and Audit Committee: Anibal H. Carmona; Cámara de Empresas de Software y Servicios Informáticos (CESSI). Email: email@example.com
- Committee on Education, Training and Human Resources: Dr. Boris Komrakov; The Scientific and Technological Association of Belarus (Infopark). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominating Committee: Santiago Gutierrez, CANIETI (Mexico) Email: email@example.com
Board of Directors
- Mr. David Wong PIKOM, Malaysia
- Mr. Yannis Sirros SEPE, Greece
- Mr. Erwin Huang HKITF, Hong Kong
- Ms. Yvonne Chiu CISA, Taiwan
- Mr. John Kyle BTD, Bermuda
- Dr. Boris Komrakov InfoPark, Belarus
- Dr. Raul Colcher ASSESPRO, Brazil
- Dr. Vasile Baltac ATIC, Romania
- Mr. Antonio Cimorra AMETIC, Spain
- Mr. Graeme Muller NZTech, New Zealand
- Mr. Kee Wong AIIA, Australia
- Mr. R. Chandrashekhar NASSCOM, India
- Mr. Kazunori Hamano JISA, Japan
- Mr. Julian David techUK, United Kingdom
- Er. Binod Dhakal CAN Federation, Nepal
- Mr. Woo Keon Park FKII, Korea
- Mr. Sabur Khan BCS, Bangladesh
- Hayk Chobanyan UITE, Armenia
- Ms. Iris Palma CasaTIC, El Salvador
- Mr. Waudo Siganga CSK, Kenya
- Mr. Omar Mansoor Ansari NICTAA, Afghanistan
- Mr. Anibal H. Carmona CESSI, Argentina
- Mr. Dele Ajisomo ITAN, Nigeria
- Eng. Tarek Abd-elmonem Taha EITESAL, Egypt
- Mr. Santiago Gutierrez CANIETI, Mexico
The World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is the leading recognized international voice of the global ICT industry, whose members from over 80 countries and economies represent more than 90 percent of the world ICT market. WITSA is dedicated to advocating policies that advance industry growth and development; facilitating international trade and investment in ICT products and services; strengthening WITSA’s national industry associations; and providing members with a broad network of professional contacts.
WITSA hosts the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), the premier global industry sponsored ICT conference.
WITSA members are leaders in a globally interconnected marketplace. Because the challenges facing the ICT industry are undisputedly global in nature, WITSA members work together to achieve a shared vision on important issues of common interest. WITSA makes it possible for its members — ranging from Mongolia and Argentina to Kenya and the United States — to identify common issues and priorities, exchange valuable information, and present a united position on industry issues.
For more information on WITSA, please visit www.witsa.org
The press release is also available in PDF format here.