I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a safe and prosperous New Year! I would also like to express my sincere gratitude for your vote of confidence in electing me to serve as WITSA’s Chairman for the 2016-2018 term.
As we enter 2017, we find ourselves in the best financial condition in our near 40-year history. There are many to thank for being in this envious situation to include WITSA’s former Chairmen and the many WITSA Directors who have served WITSA dutifully and wholeheartedly over the years. I would also like to recognize our World Congress on IT hosts for their significant financial contributions to WITSA. These congresses also provide WITSA with a unique global platform to promote the expanded use of ICT.
Of course, I would like offer a special thanks to you, our members, for your support over the years through your financial contributions and by working to make WITSA what it is today. WITSA’s Global Partners and its Advisory Council have also provided significant contributions to WITSA; not only financially, but by adding value to WITSA’s policy work and brand. Last but not least, our Secretariat is due a great deal of credit and thanks for the outstanding job it has done. Over the past decade, WITSA has risen from near extinction. The hard work, dedication and accomplishments of WITSA’s staff cannot be understated.
It is my intention as Chairman to continue to support all of the existing programs and activities that has brought such success. It is also my intention, by working with the new WITSA Directors and committees to seek ways to continue to build on WITSA’s success by:
- Enhancing WITSA’s global influence in the Public Policy arena.
- Working with our Regional Vice Chairman’s to add new and retain existing members.
- Increasing value to members by facilitating international trade and investment in ICT products and services through our global network of contacts; offering new programs such as a B2B Portal.
- Promoting industry cooperation and strengthening our national associations through the sharing of knowledge, experience, and critical information, including our new Association Corner (to be announced shortly).
- Enhancing World Congress on IT programs to increase value and attract more member attendance.
If you feel that WITSA should assume additional priorities, please let us know. I look forward to a very productive year working with you and the WITSA Board of Directors.