WITSA Recognizes 2018 Global ICT World Award Winners
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 20, 2018
Contact: Anders Halvorsen email@example.com +1 571 265‐5964
- WITSA is the most comprehensive and influential entity representing the Information and Communications technology (ICT) and services industry in the world
- Awards recognize the entities that made the most significant contributions to mankind in 2018.
- Eight “Global ICT Excellence” awards and two “Chairman” awards were presented by to the winners.
Hyderabad, India: On the second day of the 2018 World Congress on Information Technology, the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) announced that ten private and public sector organizations from seven different countries were selected to receive the 2018 WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards, including two special WITSA Chairman's Awards:
- 2018 Chairman's Award: Electronics Service Delivery (ESD) ‐ MeeSeva, Government of Telangana
- 2018 Chairman's Award: TUMO center for Creative Technologies
- 2018 Public Sector Excellence Award: Ministry of Science and ICT & Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (for the "National Science & Technology Information Service")
- 2018 Private Sector Excellence Award: Acer ITS Inc. for Acer Smart Parking Meter
- 2018 Sustainable Growth Award: National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM): "Malaysia Climate Change Knowledge Portal (N‐HyDAA)"
- 2018 Mobile Excellence Award: SSI of Institute for Information Industry (III)- for XParking 2018 Digital Opportunity Award: Digital Education Institute (DEI), Institute for Information Industry (III) for Learning Beyond School Alliance
- 2018 Digital Opportunity Award: Information Society S.A.: "Broadband Network Development in White Rural Areas of Greece"
- 2018 Innovative e‐Health Solutions: Electronic Health Record Sharing System (eHRSS), Electronic Health Record Office of Food and Health Bureau of The Government of the HKSAR/ Hospital Authority
- 2018 Emerging Digital Solutions Award (WEDS): Nesplora: For analyzing human behavior using immersive technologies
Finally, WITSA issued fourteen merit awards. While not being selected as winners of one of the award categories, these merit winners nevertheless displayed first-rate use of ICT.
The World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is the leading recognized international voice of the global ICT industry, whose members from over 80 countries and economies represent more than 90 percent of the world ICT market. WITSA is dedicated to advocating policies that advance industry growth and development; facilitating international trade and investment in ICT products and services; strengthening WITSA's national industry associations; and providing members with a broad network of professional contacts. WITSA hosts the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT), the premier global industry sponsored ICT conference.
WITSA members are leaders in a globally interconnected marketplace. Because the challenges facing the ICT industry are undisputedly global in nature, WITSA members work together to achieve a shared vision on important issues of common interest. WITSA makes it possible for its members — ranging from Mongolia and Argentina to Kenya and the United States — to identify common issues and priorities, exchange valuable information, and present a united position on industry issues.
For more information on WITSA, please visit www.witsa.org
At every World Congress on IT, the WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards recognize select organizations whose use of IT has exhibited exceptional achievement within seven broad categories: Public Sector Excellence, Private Sector Excellence, Mobile Excellence, Digital Opportunity, Sustainable Growth, Innovative e‐Health Solutions and Emerging Digital Solutions. In addition, a special WITSA Chairman's Award is presented to a nominee from the entire pool of candidates from all categories.
The 2018 WITSA Awards was remarkable for its large number of highly qualified nominees, received from WITSA's network of ICT industry associations in 80 countries around the world. WITSA therefore elected to also recognize the most noteworthy runner‐up candidates by announcing several WITSA merit award certificates. While not being selected as winners of one of the award categories, these merit winners nevertheless displayed first‐rate use of ICT.
The winners of the 2018 WITSA Awards are listed below: