Inaugural Ceremony of WITSA to Kick off from 4th March
Kathmandu, 4trh March, 2017 – (ACN Newswire) – The development of an infrastructure for Information Technology must be a top priority for developing and emerging economies, says the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA). WITSA Chairman Yvonne Chiu told on the occasion of Inaugural Ceremony of WITSA Meeting 2017 which was held today at Hotel Annapurna.
ICT leaders, senior government officials and policy makers that ICT can only drive an economy and enable its industries and society provided there is an infrastructure with broadband capacity in place.
Otherwise, developing countries could lose out on the business opportunities and socio-economic benefits of ICT.
Founded in 1978, the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is a leading consortium of ICT industry association members from nearly 70 economies around the world. WITSA’s members represent more than 90 percent of the world ICT market.
As the leading recognized voice of the global ICT Industry, WITSA aims to drive transformation and grow the industry. WITSA believes ICT is the key driving force to enable governments, businesses and societies for global development and economic growth.
WITSA is dedicated to the following:
– Advocating international public policies that advances the industry’s growth and development;
– Facilitating international trade and investment of ICT products and services through our global network of contacts;
– Promoting industry cooperation and strengthen our national associations through the sharing of knowledge, experience, and critical information;
– Publishing global ICT research through WITSA Digital Planet;
– Awarding signature events, World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) and Global Public Policy Summit (GPPS) to different host countries around the world; and
– Organizing and hosting the Global ICT Excellence Awards to recognize the most outstanding ICT users.